Retreat to Asturias Spain! SOLD OUT!
Sept 28 - Oct 5, 2022
• Daily wholesome and complete breakfast
• Daily gourmet dinner using fresh local produce plus wine
• Daily yoga classes
• Guided hikes as included in final itinerary
• Cooking demonstrations/classes as included in final itinerary
• Transportation when sightseeing and for hikes
• Daily cleaning of room
Pickup in Oviedo: Transportation to Fuentes de Lucia from Oviedo will be provided.
Extras: (fees subject to change)
Lunch: $10-$20 per meal – picnic or restaurant – includes wine
Bike rental: approx. $30 a day
Tips: Guides and hotel staff $60 -70 a day
ABOUT HOTEL FUENTES de LUCIA
Nestled in the Quiros valley, Hotel Fuentes de Lucia is surrounded by dramatic peaks, deep gorges and crystal clear rivers, ancient forests—a paradise for anyone who likes the great outdoors.
Fuentes de Lucia has 8 lovely bedrooms, all with full bathrooms, a balcony and/or terrace.
There are three buildings on the site. The main house includes the dining room, living room, self-serve bar, and a massage room. A separate building offers a quiet yoga studio. The third building is the hotel.
An intricate system of marked footpaths leads you from one small village to the next, up and over mountain passes and through river valleys. Our expert guides are able to take our guests through our magnificent landscape via well-trodden pathways visiting remote villages where life is unchanged, continuing much as it always has.
Close by is the Senda del Oso, a 30-kilometer trail from Bárzana de Quirós to Trubia, which runs through these valleys following the track of an old railway line once used for transporting coal and iron ore to the sea.
Hotel Fuentes de Lucia is located 5 kilometers from the small lake of Valdemurio. In the next valley over, walk through the mystical canyon of Las Xanas to Pedrobeyo for a hearty lunch of Fabada, a typical Asturian white bean and chorizo stew.
Payment Options: Email Lori for payment by check or Lori will send a PayPal invoice if you want to pay using a credit card or via PayPal. (Note: there is a 3% additional charge if PayPal, credit or debit card is used.)
Yoga. Hiking. Eating. Repeat and Relax!
Wake up to the sound of roosters and sun coming up over the mountains. Meander in for breakfast in the dining room--perhaps eggs from the resident chickens, along with fresh-squeezed juices and, of course, coffee with warm milk. Gather with the group in the yoga studio for gentle asana, meditation and relaxation, plus time for self-reflection and fun. During hikes, you may discover goats along the trail, wonder at the ancient chestnut trees, or explore little village with Mario, our wonderful, local guide, who shares delightful stories and vast knowledge. Lunch leisurely in quaint villages or or with a picnic on the trail, always returning to the comfort of the hotel to enjoy delicious Spanish cuisine.
We’ve limited each trip to 14 people to ensure the most enjoyable and meaningful group experience possible. Come with a friend or make new ones! We endeavor to make this a trip of a lifetime for each and every one of you.
Deposit: $500.00 (US) will hold your spot!*
Contact us below for information on reserving your spot and sending a check for your deposit.
On June 1, 2022*, a contract will be sent for additional information, final payment, disclaimers and cancellation information.
$2,250.00 per person (double room occupancy)
All rooms are double occupancy; you may choose your roommate from other participants, or we can help match you! If we do not sell out, you may ask for a single room for an additional $500.00.
Final Payment Due June 15, 2022: Balance of $1,750.00
(Price is based on Euros; therefore final balance may be affected by the exchange rate at the time of your final payment.)
*CANCELATION NOTE: Due to current travel restrictions for COVID-19, plans for this trip may change. We will monitor the situation and let you know if anything changes.
NEED HELP WITH TRAVEL PLANS?
Travel costs for flights and hotels before and after the retreat are not included. If you need assistance with your travel plans, please reach out to your favorite travel agent. We do not offer travel planning services.
1) Buy trip insurance
2) Buy a refundable (or changeable) airline ticket
3) Fly into Oviedo* a day or two prior to the retreat
* Oviedo is a beautiful old city with lots of charm and interesting site seeing.
Note that our schedule may change due to weather conditions, events in the area or other factors. Stay FLEXIBLE!
Breakfast and dinner included each full day
• Wednesday – 9/28: Welcome yoga and dinner at the hotel
• Thursday – 9/29: Morning yoga immersion; afternoon to relax (massage avail); cooking class
• Friday – 9/30: Full day hike*; yoga to stretch and relax before dinner
• Saturday – 10/1: Morning yoga immersion; afternoon relax (massages avail or bike ride rental avail); cooking class
• Sunday – 10/2: Apple pressing and cider tasting, plus short yoga practice in Mario's orchard; short hike
• Monday – 10/3: Full day hike*; yoga to stretch and relax before dinner
• Tuesday – 10/4: Final yoga session; afternoon to relax (massages)
• Wednesday – 10/5: Breakfast and depart for Oviedo
*most hikes will offer the option to come back early if desired